|Date:||15 November 2019|
|Location:||The Wesley Conference Centre, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000|
|Time:||8:00AM - 6:00PM|
|CPD Points:||Morning (CN87) - 2 Category B CPD points, Afternoon (CN88) - 2 Catgeory B CPD points, Ethics (CN86) - 1 Mandatory Category B CPD point|
MIGRATION 2019 - SCHEDULE
|08:00am - 08:10am||Opening Remarks||Founder of Migration Alliance, Director of LTA and RMA, Liana Allan|
|08:10am - 08:40am||The impact of TSS visas on the migration profession, recent policy trends, and how to avoid the pitfalls.||Labour Agreement Experts and RMAs Jacob Wyllie and Alan Chanesman|
|08:40am - 09:10am||Dealing with restrictive environment when moving temporary visa holders to permanent residence. The art of the ENS & RSMS application in 2019. A reflection of ENS and RSMS in 2019 and update on where things are at now.||Immigration Lawyer, Ross Ahmadzai|
|09:10am - 09:30am||Panel discussion on TSS, RSMS, ENS, Labour Agreements including questions from floor.||Panelists Professor Owen Harris, Immigration Lawyer, Ross Ahmadzai and Senior Agent Jacob Wyllie, moderated by Liana Allan|
|09:30am - 10:00am||Skilled and Investment Visas - Free Session Department of Home Affairs||Department of Home Affairs
Peter Richards (Assistant Secretary Skilled and Family Visa Programs)
|10:00am - 11:00am||Representing applicants in the Migration and Refugee Division (including question time)||Jan Redfern - Deputy President of the AAT (MRD Division)|
|11:00am - 11:30am||Mock AAT hearing with Liana Allan, Rashmere Bhatti and Ross Ahmadzai (fake partner migration applicants) and a MRD member, Brendan Darcy who makes a lot of decision-making errors such as bias.||Brendan Darcy (MRD member) MRD|
|11:30am - 12:00pm||Temporary Migration - Free Session Department of Home Affairs||Department of Home Affairs
Peter Richards, Sonya Boylan (Employer Sponsored Programs)
|12:00pm - 12:30pm||NSW Business & Skilled Migration Update||Zane Rebronja, Senior Manager, NSW Department of Industry|
|12:30pm - 01:00pm||How to sack your client under the Code of Conduct||Sharon Harris|
|01:00pm - 02:00pm||Lunch: Migration 2019 Gourmet Lunch ($55 extra charge applies)
A sit down lunch with full table service, on-site at the Wesley Conference Centre.
• Bread Rolls and a selection of fruit juices on the table when guests arrive
• Salads to be served - two choices of substantial salads and a garden salad.
• Mains to be served - a choice of two mains which will be alternated between guests
• Desserts to be served - a choice of cakes, tarts and slices will be served on platters on the tables along with dessert plates for each guest.
• Tea and Coffee - to be served along with the desserts.
Price: $55 Inc. GST / Per Person. (early bird price)
Location: Smith Room - Wesley Conference Centre.
Please book your seat below (seats are limited).
|Guest Speakers: Darryl Goodhand from Allianz Global Assistance and Christopher Levingston, Accredited Specialist Immigration Lawyer, and others TBC.|
|02:00pm - 02:30pm||Character Cancellations under s501||Accredited Specialist Immigration Lawyer, Ray Turner|
|02:30pm - 03:00pm||Migration Advice Regulation Update - Free Session Department of Home Affairs||Ben Biddington (Assistant Secretary Migration Policy Branch), Lesley Dalton (Regional Director and Assistant Secretary OMARA), Graeme Grosse (ABF Commander Investigations), James Copeman (ABF Commander Field Operations)|
|03:00pm - 03:45pm||Recent developments in migration and case law||Professor Owen Harris|
|03:45pm - 04:00pm||Ongoing requirement for Training Benchmark A and B for current 457 holders||Maria Perricone from TAFE NSW|
|04:00pm - 05:30pm||Ethics - Mandatory CPD Point (CN86)
The top 10 ethical problems for migration agents:
1. Duties Owed to Opposing or Third Parties
2. Criminal Conduct
3. Conflicts of Interest
4. Migration Agent Fees
6. Solicitation of new clients
7. Client Confidences & Privilege
8. Misconduct Involving Dishonesty
9. Clients' Accounts
10. Neglect & Lack of Communication
|Accredited Specialist Immigration Lawyer, Christopher Levingston|
|05:30pm - 06:00pm||Designated Area Migration Agreements (DAMAs) update: NT, Warrnambool, South Australia, Orana, WA Goldfields and Pilbara, Far North Queensland DAMA||Immigration Lawyer, Ross Ahmadzai|
Zane Rebronja from NSW State Government (Skilled and Business Migration)
Sophia Dphena from BW Capital - Business Talent and 188 complying investments
Christopher Levingston - Accredited Specialist Immigration Lawyer
Westpac - Economist Merryl Dawson
Migration Agent Michael Jeremy
Migration Agent Owen Harris - Professor and Migration Agent
PRIORITY ACCESS TO ALL SESSIONS IN THE CONFERENCE INCLUDING PRIORITY ACCESS TO THE FREE DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS SESSIONS
• Booking and paying for the conference automatically confirms your seat in all 3 Department of Home Affairs sessions.
• Lanyards will be provided to migration agents who pay for seats giving them immediate and priority access to the venue for the day.
ACCESS DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS SESSIONS ONLY - SUBJECT TO SEAT AVAILABILITY (waitlist only)
• Free seats for the Department of Home Affairs sessions will be made available to migration agents subject to the availability of seats available in the theatre. Migration Agents wishing to attend the free Home Affairs sessions, need to first place their name on a waitlist asap. Approximately 12-24 hours prior to the start of the conference (13th or 14th November), we will advise waitlisted migration agents in writing whether their seat is confirmed, and provide them with their unique access code to attend.
• Migration Agents who turn up to the conference without paying, or without an access code for the free sessions, and attempt to access the event will be denied access to the theatre.
► Click here to join free seats Waitlist for Department of Home Affairs Sessions
|Migration 2019 Conference - 5 Category B CPD points, including 1 Mandatory CPD point - 15th November 2019||AUD 330.00||AUD 396.00||15 November 2019||Info Add to Cart|
|Migration 2019 Conference - Gourmet Lunch - 15th November 2019||AUD 55.00||AUD 66.00||15 November 2019||Info Add to Cart|
Click here to download the Fax Booking Form and fax to (02) 9221 1182 ($15.00 AUD booking fee applies)
Telephone Booking: Please call (02) 9008 1349 ($15.00 AUD booking fee applies)